Become A Campus Organizer
With PIRG Campus Action, you’ll work with students who, like you, believe it’s our right and responsibility to shape the future we all want. You’ll work with students to decide the strategies and tactics they’ll use to run campaigns that promote clean energy, public health, a stronger democracy and more.
Each campus organizer starts by finding and recruiting the students who really care about the issues we work on. Next, you'll figure out who amongst those students could be good leaders, and teach them how to organize and run a campaign. You help give them the skills they need, so they can do everything from plan and run a press conference to organizing a huge event on campus.
Finally, campus organizers make sure that all these individual events and efforts add up to meaningful change. You’ll set concrete goals, and hold yourself accountable to achieving them, whether that’s getting 100 students to take photo petitions, or registering 500 new voters on campus. And when you combine those efforts at dozens of colleges across the country, each of those goals can add up to make a real impact.
- Engage and mobilize hundreds of students on issues ranging from tackling climate change and getting big money out of politics to organizing voter registration drives and increasing recycling on campus
- Recruit and train students to plan and run effective campaigns on and off campus, using skills like organizing news conferences, building strong coalitions, generating grassroots support and direct advocacy
- Build a strong, sustainable, student-funded, student run-organization on campus
- Build relationships with other student groups, faculty and administrators
- Run a citizen outreach office during the summer, where you’ll recruit and lead a team of canvassers to fundraise for important issues
PAY & BENEFITS:
The target annual compensation for this position is $26,500 in the first year. Each of the groups that partner with PIRG Campus Action offers a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement. To learn more visit www.PIRGCampusAction.org
We’re hiring organizers to work on college campuses in California, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Oregon and 21 other states. You can apply for any position in any state. Just say so in the application form. If you’re flexible about where you want to be, that’s great, too.
THINGS TO KNOW WHEN YOU APPLY:
PIRG Campus Action is part of The Public Interest Network — a group of organizations that share a vision of a better country, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to getting things done. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
Each of the groups that partner with PIRG Campus Action is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status.
For Los Angeles-based positions: PIRG Campus Action will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.